If you could change anything about yourself or your business, what would it be? Would you like to feel more fearless, or worthy? Do you wish to have more “Grade A” customers? Make more money? Build your dream team? Or maybe work less hours?
The truth is, if you don’t already have these things, you will probably need some help, to find a path and see what’s getting in your way. But, before you get any kind of help do yourself a huge favour and make sure you are totally committed to the change. So, if you want to make another million dollars in revenue – it will require you to be and do differently. You don’t have be clear on what the steps are, you just have to be willing to do whatever it takes when you get there.
As I reflect on all the occasions where my own changes haven’t stuck, it’s obvious to me I wasn’t really committed in the first place. When I have a client who is really committed it’s amazing what we can accomplish together. As their guide, I’m able to create a safe place for them to learn and grow in. A place where they can be honest and vulnerable and I’ll hold that space for them until they make their breakthrough.
Here is my checklist for commitment:
- I only commit to specific things, I know I can achieve within a reasonable time frame.
- I take full responsibility for my results in life.
- I envision myself feeling my fears but push through them anyways, often asking “Why not me?”
- I follow my values to keep my behaviour in line with my intentions.
- I say no to a lot of things that aren’t a priority for me.
I’d love to know how you honor your word and keep your commitments.
Clint Best is a business coach and the founder of Kaizen Business Coaching in Kelowna, BC. Clint has been guiding forward thinking business owners through change and growth since 2002.