Your environment helps to shape you and your business, by keeping you exposed to and focused on the things that will help move you forward.
- Write your goals down and hang them on your wall – then read them out loud to yourself every day at least once as if you have already accomplished them. Close your eyes and see how they are showing up for you.
- Pick a great personal development expert and study their stuff – read their books, watch their You Tube videos, and order their programs. I encourage everyone I work with to study other experts work.
- Hang out with people who are smarter than you – I love learning from smart and wise people, and as I do – I find they like learning from me as well. It’s always a win/win and it will be for you too!
- Put a sticky on you mirror to remind you how awesome you are – I know you’ve probably heard this before – but are you doing it? Don’t worry, your kids will only laugh at you for a while, soon enough it will become normal to them as well! They’ll probably start modeling your behaviour. Imagine that!
- Re design your work area so that it inspires you – clean it up, get it organized and get rid of the crap you don’t need. Install you favourite plant, give it a name and nurture it. Get an ergonomic chair that is tailor made for your body. Punch a hole in the wall and make the window bigger! You decide how crazy you want to get on this one.
What’s holding you back? Don’t just read this and go onto the next thing. Pick one a week or one a month until you have them all installed and working for you. Really! You can do it! I believe in you.
Clint Best is a business coach and the founder of Kaizen Business Development in Kelowna, BC and is a certified values blueprint partner. Clint has been guiding forward thinking business owners through change and growth since 2002.