A lead tracking and management system is absolutely essential to your business for a number of reasons.
One, it is the only way to know which marketing strategies are working, and which ones aren’t. The information your system gathers will allow you to make educated decisions about marketing campaigns and investments.
Two, it organizes your sales and marketing efforts and manages contact information in a user-friendly way. It’s clear who you called, when, what you said, and when you said you’d follow up.
Three, it enables you to manage your sales staff by tracking their progress on several leads at once. You’ll have access to an at-a-glance picture of their sales figures and productivity.
Your lead tracking system needs to:
- record the leads that arrive by phone, in-store visit, and website visit
- track the source of each lead over specific time periods
- record pertinent customer information
- be simple enough to be used by all staff members
Your lead management system needs to:
- track your leads through the sales plan or process
- increase customer communications or contact
- keep track of correspondences and follow-up requirements
- make it easier for you and your staff to close more sales